Simple to use, easy to install. Dual layer design with our solar material on the outside to keep you cool and a black opaque inner liner to provide light blockage. Significantly improves your solar observing experience. Velcro closure to secure the cover to your scope.
The TeleGizmos Solar Scope Cover is a multi-layer, polyethylene material with a fully aluminized surface. The heat reflective ability of the cover is extremely high with a material strength equal to a multi-layer light weight tarp.
The material was originally developed for NASA as an insulator in spacecraft. It is very strong, light, tear and puncture resistant and is highly superior to Mylar in durability.
The benefits of the covers are numerous:
- Highly water resistant without the need of spray on sealers. Washable.
- Highly reflective. True & effective radiant barrier protection.
- Greatly reducing scope temperature on scopes left outside in sunlight.
- They can be securely fastened to your scope with the built in draw string.
- Double lap sewn seams for strength.
- Tear and puncture resistant.
- Extreme temperature tolerance.
Recommended usage: Temporary outside storage.