Starizona SCT Corrector IV - 0.63x Reducer/Corrector
The exact focal length of the reducer/telescope combo depends slightly on where in the optical path the SCT Corrector lens is placed. Nominally it will be within a few mm of the rear threads on the telescope. Changing this distance should only affect the focal length, not the optical quality. Listed below are the nominal focal lengths for the various sizes of Celestron SCTs*. The SCT Corrector works great on standard f/10 Meade SCTs as well, we just didn't have exact data for the nominal designs of those telescopes.
* The SCT Corrector has a reduction factor of 0.63x, but the C6 and C8 are actually closer to f/11 natively, and they have a shorter backfocus compared to the larger scopes so the reduction is a bit less. The C14 is f/11 natively.
The SCT Corrector IV has a nominal image circle of 27mm, accommodating most popular CCDs and DSLRs. For larger format cameras, check out our SCT Corrector LF.
Because the backfocus of the SCT Corrector IV is fairly critical, for best performance Starizona makes a variety of camera adapters, and custom adapters are also easy to make for less-common camera setups.
The nominal backfocus is 90.3mm from the base of the threads on the camera side of the SCT Corrector IV. For the largest compatible cameras, this should be kept within +/-2mm, while smaller format cameras may work fine at slightly larger tolerances. If we do not have the correct length or style adapter you need, we can gladly make the correct part to get the best performance from your setup. Please contact with any questions on making your camera configuration work.
The SCT Corrector IV, like the original SCT Corrector, has a 2" barrel that allows it to fit into a 2" visual back or 2" focuser. If your telescope does not have such an adapter, we recommend our Virtual View rotating visual back, which allows for easily changing the camera orientation without loosening any lock screws.
The front (telescope side) of the SCT Corrector IV is threaded to accept standard 2" (48mm) filters.
- 0.63x focal reduction factor
- 2.5x faster than SCT's native f/10
- 1.4x faster than original f/7.5 SCT Corrector design
- 27mm image circle
- 2" barrel diameter
- 2.5" length excluding threads
- Threaded for 48mm filters
- SCT Corrector Top Thread: M42 x 0.75mm T-thread
- Mechanical Backfocus (thread shelf to focal plane): 90.3mm (3.56”)
- Black anodized, machined aluminum housing
- Fully multi-coated optics
- 5-element optical design with extra-low dispersion (ED) glass