This model includes the required adapter ring to fit the HyperStar lens to the Edge HD model telescope. An additional adapter would be required to adapt this lens to an older (non-HD) telescope.
The HyperStar 14 system allows extremely fast, wide-field CCD imaging with the Celestron 14" SCT. The lens replaces the secondary mirror on 14" Edge HD SCTs and turns the telescope into an f/1.9 imaging system!
The HyperStar 14 is compatible with a variety of cameras, including Canon and Nikon DLSRs, SBIG ST-7/8/9/10/2000 series, and cameras from Starlight Xpress, SAC, Orion, Meade, and the popular StellaCam video system from Astrovid.
- Focal Ratio: f/1.9
- Focal Length: 684mm
- Maximum Usable Sensor Size: 27mm Diagonal (APS Format)
- DSLR Compatible
- Field of View (with 27mm sensor): 2.4 degrees
- Camera Adapter Threaded for 2" (48mm) Filters
- Backfocus (from mounting thread to focal plane): 67.4mm (2.65")
- Length (without camera adapter): 5.6"
- Diameter: 4.9"
- Weight: 3.1 lbs