The excitement of viewing our Star through a dedicated solar telescope is sure to provide many many hours of visual enjoyment and educational insights. As the Sun becomes increasingly more active, your love for your instrument is sure to grow!
The All New Lunt 40mm Solar Telescope provides the basic essentials perfect for a first time introduction to solar observing. A true grab and go dedicated hydrogen alpha telescope, the Lunt 40mm F/10 system is sure to impress allowing both amateur and seasoned professions to experience the awe inspiring phenomena of our closest Star!
Easily portable and a joy to use, the Lunt 40mm joins the Lunt Telescope line up as our smallest aperture offering, while providing the power, amazing detail and quality you expect from a Lunt Telescope -all at an impressive ~4.0mm Solar Image Size!
The Lunt 40mm Hydrogen Alpha Telescope includes a Non-Rotating Helical Focuser, integrated Vixen Style Dovetail, and B500 Blocking Filter for both visual and photography purposes.
Lunt NEW 40mm Dedicated Solar Hydrogen-alpha Solar Telescope Specifications: (single stacked)
- System Wavelength: 656.28nm. Hydrogen-alpha (tuneable, dedicated)
- System Focal Length: f10
- Sun Image Size: 3.67mm
- Objective: Precision Doublet (Optimized at 656nm)
- Blocking Filter: 5mm standard (upgradeable to 6mm or 12mm)
- Etalon Size: 40mm full aperture precision Lunt Etalon
- Etalon Peak Transmission: >88%
- Etalon Net Finesse: 19
- Etalon FSR (Free Spectral Range): 12 Angstroms
- Etalon Tuning: Conventional Tilt through +/- 1 Angstrom
- Etalon FWHM (Bandpass): <0.65 Angstrom
- Weight of Telescope: 2.8lbs
- Integrated Vixen Style dovetail plate (included) with integrated 1/4-20 tapped holes in base for camera mounts
- Non-rotating helical focuser (included) (upgrade to FT available)
- Sol-Searcher (Included)
- DS (Doublestack) available by pre-order soon (Optional accessory) (not included)(Price TBD (~US$499)
- Fitted Foam
- Color: Pearl White with Black and Red accents