Make way for an innovative mount! This mount has an integrated electronic polar finder scope known as the iPolar. This tool ensures the accurate alignment of a telescope, even when the pole star is obscured. There are large levers on the quick-lock drive engagement system; these large levers make it easy to snap the gears into place.
This iOptron CEM40 mount has a dual saddle that accommodates Losmandy and Vixen-style dovetail plates. it also uses iOptron's ultra-quiet, low-power consumption stepper motor drive system, aiding the mount in providing precise tracking.
The iOptron CEM40EC mount uses the Go2Nova® 8407 hand controller to navigate the night sky. This incredible technology helps observers find celestial objects with the aid of the mount's 212,000+ object database! For those looking for a telescope that has the capability of tracking and finding beautiful night sky objects, this mount is a must have tool.
With the included tripod, 11lbs. counterweight, and the mount's computerized technology, observers are just an OTA away from a spectacular viewing experience!
- Unique design, Center-Balanced equatorial mount (CEM) for maximum payload and minimum mount weight
- Idea for both visual observation and astrophotography
- Maximum payload of 40 lbs (18 kg)
- All metal, CNC machined with red/black anodized
- Easy to use quick-lock gear clutches
- Integrated iPolarTM electronic polar finder
- Low periodic error (< 0.25 arc seconds rms)
- Realtime periodic error correction (RPEC)
- Precision stepper motor for precise GOTO and accurate tracking
- Go2Nova® 8407+ controller with Advanced GOTONOVA® GOTO Technology with built-in heater
- Integrated ST-4 autoguiding port
- 32-channel Global Positioning System (GPS)
- USB communication port
- Advanced cable management system for mount and NUC
- 6" Losmandy D & Vixen dual dovetail saddle with NUC mounting adapter
- Standard LiteRoc 1.75" inch heavy-duty stainless steel tripod (7kg)
- Hard case
- Optional WiFi for mount control via SmartPhone/Tablet/Computer