Stock photos provided by the manufacturers may not represent the actual item. Please verify this picture accurately reflects the product described by the title and description before you place your order.
This new, All-In-One design marries high quality components of a telecentric barlow, adapters, snouts and Daystar hydrogen alpha filter into one simple assembly. Through design efficiency and optimization, now users can enjoy the known high quality optics of DayStar at an affordable price.
Quark is available in a choice of "prominence", "chromosphere", Calcium H-Line and Sodium D-Line.
QUARK "Prominence" and "Chromosphere" models are for use on refractors of F/4 to F/9. The Calcium H-Line QUARK is for use on refractors of F/7 or longer focal ratio refractors. The user needn't worry about configurations. Just insert in your diagonal, add an eyepiece and view!
QUARK PROMINENCE & CHROMOSPHERE
The QUARK contains a custom Daystar Instruments 4.2X telecentric barlow lens fully optimized in coatings and optical design specifically for the Hydrogen Alpha wavelength. This highly specialized telecentric lens offers superior field flatness.
Exact filter bandpass will vary based on final telescope application, so QUARK assemblies are qualified to show either prominence or surface (chromosphere). No specific FWHM bandpass is designated. Now observers can buy a filter based on their desired observing goals instead of their budget. Choose prominences and surface (Chromosphere) detail. Both are available for the same low price!
The fully optimized design eliminates the need for any adapters. It's all combined in one lightweight eyepiece sized device. The new, compact design configuration eliminates unnecessary components, weight and associated costs. We even reduced power consumption, so the Quark can now operate all day off a small, palm-sized optional battery pack. Baffles have been added to increase contrast and AR coatings are optimized for the 656nm wavelength.
QUARK CALCIUM H-LINE
The Calcium Quark brings quick, easy fun of the Original Quark to Calcium H-Line.
Why Sodium D-line?
Sodium will give high resolution sunspot detail, plague, granulation, and possibly the super-granulation depending on resolution and seeing of the observer.
Sodium can also show flare footprints, also known as flare kernels.
That is that a flare will begin and emit light in Sodium at the 2 ends first, before erupting in white light.
The line is brighter than both Calcium and even Hydrogen Alpha. So it's going to be very easy for observers to see and the exposures will be very short.
* 1.25" or 2.0" combo eyepiece snouts with safety indent slot directly into your diagonal
* Standard 1.25 eyepiece drawtube output with optional 2" and SCT accessories available.
* Brass compression ring to protect eyepiece.
* Uses USB power, 5v 1.5amp
* Includes 90-240VAC wall adapter with international plug adapters.
* Tuning knob allows wing shifting +/- 0.5Å with detents at every 0.1Å
* LED indicator for power, warming, ready, fault
* 5 year warranty,
* Optional 8-hour battery pack available.
* Integrated, fully baffled 2 element telecentric 4.2X barlow optimized for 656nm
* Integrated 12mm blocking filter
* 21mm clear filter aperture
* Full disk viewing possible on refractors up to ~450mm focal length refractors
* No aperture limitations. May be used on larger refractors for higher magnification views
* Ships in convenient Twist-Case for safe, dust-free storage.
* Not suited for off-axis application.
Share your opinion with other customersWrite a review