CGEM II 8" Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph Telescope
- Flat field free of optical aberrations like field curvature, coma, astigmatism and chromatic aberration across an entire APS-C sensor.
- Unlike the larger RASAs that work with DSLR and large CCD cameras, the 8” model was designed with color astronomical CMOS cameras, smaller CCD cameras, and mirrorless cameras in mind. The telescope does not work with standard DSLR cameras.
- Ultra-Stable Focus System – precision linear ball bearing virtually eliminates image shift.
- Internal filter mount – seamlessly accommodates a Light Pollution Imaging Filter into the optical path.
- Performs over a wider spectral range than most telescopes, from 400 - 800 nm, so more of the light passing through the astrograph is in sharp focus.
- The CGEM II, with its 40 lbs load capacity, is the latest update to the venerable CGEM mount and provides a sturdy and rigid platform for the fully-loaded RASA 8.
- The drive system, consisting of low cog DC Servo motors with integrated optical encoders, steel worm gears supported by precision sealed bearings, and brass worm wheels, ensures smooth and accurate slewing and tracking.
- Proven NexStar+ computerized telescope control technology supports functions to address imagers’ needs, such as All-Star Polar Alignment, Permanent Periodic Error Correction (PPEC), and adjustable tracking through meridian.