RGB Filter Set
What makes the Baader filters so unique? Through an extensive coating stack design and testing program, Baader has partnered with the world's leading thin film coating company to produce transmission curves that border on the ideal. Their ultra steep cutoffs and high transmission (>95%) allowed Baader to do something to a degree no other RGB filter set can manage - they are able to effectively separate the important H-Beta and O-III lines. The Baader Blue filter passes virtually all of the H-Beta and O-III lines, while the Green filter is able to capture all of the O-III line, without encroaching into the H-Beta line. None of the light is wasted by either filter. In this way, O-III is represented as it should be, a teal (blue-green) color, and H-Beta is captured solely in the blue. Never before has this degree of separation been achieved, and with such high transmission of both lines.
In addition, the Green and Red filter passbands nearly touch, leaving only a sharp notch to block out the primary Mercury/Sodium light pollution line at 580nm. The high transmission everywhere else delivers the shortest combined exposures possible with every detector.
In addition to their special transmission properties, the Baader coatings were developed from the outset with another key goal in mind - eliminate the annoying reflections present in other astro-filters.
UV/IR Cut Filter
This filter is a must for all digital imaging with Digital Cameras, CCD Cameras, and modified WebCams. Also useful for protecting valuable H-Alpha filters from heat stress and damaging IR (Daystar, etc). Due to their extremely high optical quality, these filters may be stacked and used far in front of the focal plane (necessary for imaging uses). Like the Baader Planetarium Contrast-Booster, the UV-IR-Cut filter uses the very latest coating technology, to deliver the finest filtration quality - and lifetime durability.
- Unmatched 98% Average Transmission! Freedom from ghost images (very low reflection multi-coating, Striae-free, and plane-parallel substrate).
- Extremely Sharp Cutoff at 680nm (leaves all the visible red, including the important 656nm H-alpha emission line).
- Sharp cutoff below 420nm. Eliminates violet halos around bright stars (more effectively than simpler so-called Minus Violet photographic filters).
- True optical quality glass substrate and coatings. Why spend all your money on quality primary optics - only to place a lower grade filter optic in the path?
- Combine with any of the other Baader filters, to deliver the sharpest images possible.