Baader Planetarium Hyperion 68º Eyepiece Set
- This Baader Eyepiece Set includes all seven Hyperion focal lengths
- Gigantic 68 degree wide angle field of view, adapted to the maximum visual angle of the human eye
- Zeiss class Phantom Group Coatings provide images free of reflections with maximum contrast
- Hyperion eyepiece bodies feature a modular design to enable focal length adjustment with optional finetuning rings
- Nearly all DSLR cameras, as well as more elementary fixed lens cameras, can be connected direction to these Hyperion eyepieces
The majority of telescopes come with one or two simple eyepieces that cannot take advantage of the telescope's optical performance. Weak contrast and sharpness, along with a narrow field of view ruin the enthusiasm you have for observing the night sky rather quickly. But with these Hyperion 68º eyepieces, you can unlock your telescope's full potential!
Suitable for astrophotography, these eyepieces connect to cameras and camcorders to preserve your best astro-images forever.
Baader 68º Hyperion Modular Eyepieces have unique photo-visual features for exceptional performance. In order to achieve genuine high-end performance from a wide-field eyepiece, amateurs previously needed to spend more on their eyepieces than on their main instrument. Not anymore. These Hyperions have undergone a complete redesign and now offer improved transmission and contrast. They're not merely a rebranded version of their revered cousins. Baader Planetarium has diligently worked to supply these multi-functional Hyperions with the finest optical coatings and superb mechanics.
As a visual eyepiece, Hyperions have been found to deliver outstanding sharpness and color fidelity over their wide 68-degree flat-field, even with fast telescopes. Compared to the Pentax XL, the Hyperion proved to be the Pentax's equal in every way, but for only a third of the price! From their excellent on and off-axis sharpness to their jet black high contrast field, these Hyperions get the job done. Observing through a Hyperion is especially comfortable and relaxing because of its long 20 mm eye relief, extra-large eye lens, and optical design that eliminates that annoying "kidney-bean" effect and blackouts.
Baader Hyperion 68º Eyepiece Set Specifications
- Focal Lengths: 5 mm, 8 mm, 10 mm, 13 mm, 17 mm, 21 mm, and 24 mm
- Apparent Field of View: 68º
- Field Stop Diameter: Varies
- AR-Coating: Phantom Coating® Group
- Threaded for Filters: Yes
- Dustcaps: 1.25" (31.8 mm), 2" (45 mm), and 2" (46.5 mm to fit over the eyecup)
- Eyecups: Folding eyecup, Winged eyecup
- Slip Protection Safety: Classic undercut
- Eyepiece Body Above Reference Plane: Varies
- Specialty: Afocal and classical eyepiece projection
- Total Weight: 12.4 lbs. (5.618 kg)