Our new Right-Angle Polar Alignment Scope will be available in early Fall 2012. This revolutionary design was enthusiastically received at the Northeast Imaging Conference (NEAIC) and the Northeast Astronomy Forum (NEAF) in April 2012. The reticle has since been updated for use in the Southern Hemisphere and includes finer gradations in response to suggestions from conference participants. .
Advantages of the Right-Angle Polar Alignment Scope:
- Right-angle viewing eliminates neck strain during polar alignment.
- Reticle suitiable for Northern and Southern Hemispheres through 2040.
- Precise adjustments are made without rotating the Polar Alignment Scope or the Declination axis.
- Battery-powered Illuminator with adjustable brightness control.
- Objective lens: 200 mm FL, 25 mm diameter
- Eyepiece: 22 mm Widefield Orthoscopic, focusing ocular
- Field of view: 6 degrees 2 9x
- Right-angle prism diagonal
Although originally designed for the new 1600GTO, we also plan to provide adapters for the Mach2GTO and all 900 and 1200 mounts (except the original black version). Additional information and pricing will be available at a later date.