8" Rowe-Ackermann Schmidt Astrograph Optical Tube Assembly
- Flat field free of optical aberrations like field curvature, coma, astigmatism and chromatic aberration across an entire APS-C sensor.
- Unlike the larger RASAs that work with DSLR and large CCD cameras, the 8” model was designed with color astronomical CMOS cameras, smaller CCD cameras, and mirrorless cameras in mind. The telescope does not work with standard DSLR cameras.
- Ultra-Stable Focus System – precision linear ball bearing virtually eliminates image shift.
- Integrated air cooling system –12V DC MagLev fan reduces cooldown time and provides optimal air flow while filtering out dust.
- Internal filter mount – seamlessly accommodates a Light Pollution Imaging Filter into the optical path.
- CGE dovetail mounting rail.
- Performs over a wider spectral range than most telescopes, from 400nm – 800nm, so more of the light passing through the astrograph is in sharp focus.