The APO160ED is next step in size after APO140. This scope is a scaled version of the APO140, it is slightly longer and heavier, and may required larger mount.
The APO 160 has number of features that in a given combination are rarely found in one scope:
- Precision apochromatic objective with modern coating that makes lenses almost invisible.
- Retractable Dew Shield.
- Light weight tube assembly.
- FeatherTouch 360° rotatable focuser with coarse and fine focusing.
- Collet type eyepiece holder.
Line of accessories, including:
- Precision tube rings with adjustable latches
- Dovetail plate (same width and fit as Losmandy plates)
- Finder bracket with new principle of finder adjustment with two thumb screws only
Includes optical tube assembly, front cover, plug, tube rings.
Deposit Required: $3,000
||6.3" / 160 mm
||2.7 arc min/mm
||.75 arc sec
||Feather Touch 3545
||2" Collet type
||4.5" / 114 mm
|One turn focus travel
||Coarse 21.5 mm / Fine 2.3 mm
|Back focus distance
||7" / 180 mm
|Focuser load capacity
|Tube assembly diameter
||6.42" / 163 mm
|Dew shield diameter
||8" / 202 mm
||45.5" / 1156 mm
|Balance point position OTA weight
||26 lb / 12 kg
||Broad band 5 layer antireflection coating (BBAR)