"Standard Kit" which comes with our most popular 2.0" Compression Ring End Cap.
The 2.5" Feather Touch focuser is identical in design to its larger cousin, the 3.0". Both are closely related to our big daddy, the 3.5", and incorporate the same advanced features that are ideal for applications which demand precision imaging while also managing a heavier weight capacity than our 2.0" models.
- A factory-installed integrated Teflon-coupled collar provides a bind-free 360 degrees of smooth focuser rotation. Thumbscrews on the collar make detaching the focuser a snap as well.
- 95mm x 1mm male thread on the integrated collar allows attachment of tube adapters, bases, and other accessories.
- As with our other focusers, the 2500 series uses internally machined light baffles for superior light-reducing.
- Also standard is our internal brake.
- The draw tube's female 63mm x 1mmm thread allows total End Cap, Adapter and/or Optical Accessory configuration.
- The thumbscrew on the focuser makes rotating easy relative to the optical tube assembly.
The 2500 series focusers come with our Fine Focus Reduction Unit which allows very accurate focusing. It is typically a 9:1 planetary reduction assembly that makes focusing extremely precise and easy. We were the original developer of this type of system for telescope use and have been making and improving these for longer than any other manufacturer. These units have undergone continuous improvement and we believe they are, quite simply, the best in the industry.
The smooth and precise feel of our Fine Focus Reduction Unit is the key, and it allows our users to focus precisely with unparalleled accuracy, speed, and reliability.
Rack and pinion design using a precision fine pitch ½ inch wide Brass rack and matched hardened Stainless Steel pinion.