TheSkyX Student is a native Mac OS X or Windows Vista/XP application that comes equipped with all the basic tools to bring depth and breadth to your astronomy pursuits. TheSkyX Student is a comprehensive and full-featured tool to help you explore and actively develop an understanding of basic astronomy. You can learn the constellations (labeled with their phonetic pronunciation), watch planetary motion over days or centuries, witness solar and lunar eclipses, or show detailed drawings of mythological characters and so much more.
Minimum System Requirements:
1.5 GHz or faster processor
Intel Pentium 4, Pentium M, Pentium D processor or better, or AMD K-8 (Athlon) or better
512 MB internal RAM
OpenGL 1.5 and later
Windows 7, Windows Vista and Windows XP (32- and 64-bit Editions), including:
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition*
Windows 7 Enterprise Edition
Windows 7 Professional Edition
Windows 7 Home Premium Edition
Windows 7 Home Basic Edition
Windows 7 Starter Edition
Windows Vista Ultimate Edition*
Windows Vista Home Edition
Windows Vista Home Basic
Windows Vista Business Edition
Windows Vista Enterprise Edition
Windows XP Professional Edition*
Windows XP Home Edition
Windows XP Tablet PC Edition
Windows XP Media Center Edition
1024 x 768 display resolution with true color
128 MB (minimum) video RAM
1.25 GB free disc space
Mouse or other pointing device
*TheSkyX Serious Astronomer Edition for Windows is a 32-bit application, and is compatible with either the 32-bit or 64-bit versions of these operating systems.
Selected Software Bisque software products are “subscription based.” When you purchase a software product from Software Bisque, in addition to the standard software license, you also receive a one (1) year software subscription that provides the following benefits:
1. Download the full product anytime.*
2. Download the latest product updates anytime. Updates include new features, improvements, support for new hardware devices (telescopes, cameras, focusers, etc.) and bug fixes that were not part of the initial release.
3. Access to your Software Bisque account information, including your product serial number.
4. Free upgrade to the next major release with continuous, uninterrupted subscription payment.
After one (1) year from the date of purchase, in order to continue to receive the above subscription benefits, you can optionally choose to renew your software subscription ($15 per year).
* If you choose not to renew your subscription, the software can still be used according to the standard software license agreement.
* The subscription renewal is not automatic. You will be notified by email when your product subscription is about to expire.
* The cost of the annual software subscription approximately 20% of the (box+download) products retail price.
* To manage your subscriptions, click on your sign in name at the top of any page on the Software Bisque web site, and then click the Subscriptions link.
*Limited to a maximum of 5 downloads of the full product installer per year.