LuntSolarSystems - Solar Telescope LS80THaFT 80mm H-alpha, 2'' feather touch focuser and Pressure Tuner
- Manufacturer: Lunt Solar Systems
- MPN: LS80THa/PT/FT
- SKU: LS80THa/PT/FT
In-Stock - Available at warehouse ships in 2-3 weeks
The LS80THaFT (pressure tuned) is a complete and dedicated Solar Telescope with an Image Scale of 408.
(Image scale is calculated by the effective image size at the focal plain and the clear aperture of the scope.)
A precision aligned ED refractor with a fully un-obstructed 80mm optical aperture.
This package provides a significant step up into the Intermediary category of Daytime Solar Observing, Maintaining the most advanced technology of Doppler True Tuning for fine adjustment of the center wavelength, allowing research of the Sun’s disk and surface details at increased image scale. Prominences, flares, super granulation, filaments, and active regions will be observed.
The LS80THa package is fully upgradeable with several options including the NEW evolutionary Dual Internal Stack Etalon System (DSII). The DSII eliminates the need for an external double stack etalon reducing cost and eliminating obstructions. The system is 100% un-obstructed. The band pass is reduced to <0.5 Angstroms. See the Sun's weather in stunning high definition.
LS80T/PT Specifications: (single stacked)
• Optical Aperture: 80mm (Unobstructed)
• Etalon: Internal <0.7 Angstrom
• Tuning: Internal Pressure Tune (Doppler True Tuning)
• Image Scale: 408
• Focal Length: 560mm
• F-Ratio: 7
• Focuser: Starlight Instruments Feather Touch Focuser
• Mounting: Integrated clamshell style with 1/4-20 tapped base
• Storage: Aluminum finished hard case with fitted foam
• Weight: 6,36 kg / 14 lbs
• Sun Finder: Televue Sol Searcher
• Mounting: Lunt 6" Dovetail
• Case: Aluminum Finished Hard Case with Custom Foam
Required Blocking Filter:
• B1200 for standard visual use
• B1800 for larger field of view and imaging applications