Complete H-alpha solar telescope with 60mm aperture and additional 50mm double-stack filter system. The telescope can be used with
With B1200 blocking-filter, and Feather-Touch focuser.
This telescope will be delivered with two matched Etalons, a internal Etalon and a external. The LS60THaDS50 could be used only with the internal H-alpha filter at
By reducing the bandwidth from estimated 0.75 Angstrom to 0.5 Angstrom more details on the solar surface will become visible. Adding a second Etalon to an existing Etalon is not quite as simple as it may seem. Both Etalons need to be brought on line (matched) and both need to be adjustable (Tuning) such that all ghosts images could be eliminated. Ideally the transmission curves should overlap perfectly when on band to provide for the best possible resolution and contrast. Both etalons in this system will be matched at the factory in order to provide a system that is both optimized for performance and the elimination of ghosting.
Blocking-filter is the B1200. The B1200 is good for visual solar observing, and also good for solar imaging.
The star diagonal in which the blocking filter is installed, is equipped as standard for 1.25" eyepieces and with a T2 camera connection.
Fine adjustment is achieved by a 2" Starlight-Instruments Feather-Touch focuser with 1.5" travel and 10:1 reduction.
- Aperture: 60mm or 50mm
- Focal length: 500mm
- Tuning: tiltable Etalons
- Blocking-filter: B1200 with 1.25" and T2 connection
- Focuser: Starlight-Instruments Feather-Touch focuser with 10:1 reduction
- Tube-ring with 1/4-20 tapped base (standard thread for photo-tripods)
- Weight: 3.6kg
- Length: 46cm
SCOPE OF DELIVERY
- LS60THa H-alpha telescope with internal Etalon, and 60mm aperture
- External 50mm double-stack Etalon LS50FHa
- B1200 blocking-filter in star-diagonal
- 2" Feather-Touch focuser
- Tube ring with 1/4-20 connection for mounting on photo-tripods
- Transport case
- Instruction manual