The Cascades Binocular from Leupold combines ergonomic handling and fully multicoated optics to create a general purpose set of glasses that is well-equipped to transmit a detail-rich field of view while enduring the outdoors. For the BX-2 Cascades series, Leupold employs their L-Coat anti-reflective lens coating to maximize light transmission and enhance image contrast. Complementing the lens system are phase-corrected BaK4 prisms that render lifelike colors and impressive sharpness. Twist-up rubber eyecups and a long 18mm eye relief outfit the binocular for a comfortable viewing experience even while wearing eyeglasses.
In addition to its noteworthy optical performance, the BX-2 Cascades binocular also features a weather-resistant housing that is nitrogen-filled and built to perform in extreme humidity and heavy rainfall. When conditions turn wet or cold, several of the binoculars features will help the observer maintain their grip including textured rubber armoring and rubberized ridges on the focus wheel. In addition to its user-friendly handling and optical performance, the BX-2 Cascades has a 10 ft minimum focus, making this a well-rounded optic for close to mid-range observations.
- Fully multicoated lens system
- BaK4 prisms with phase-corrective prism coating
- Twist-up rubber eyecups
- Slip-resistant center focus wheel
- Center wheel diopter adjustments
- Nitrogen-filled fogproof housing
- Lightweight aluminum chassis
- Slip-resistant rubber armoring
- Black finish with textured gripping surfaces
- Prism Type: Roof
- Magnification: 8x
- Objective Lens Diameter: 42mm
- Angle of View: 6.5
- Apparent Viewing Angle: 52
- Field of View: 341' at 1000 Yards
- Minimum Focus Distance: 9.9'
- Exit Pupil Diameter: 5.3 mm
- Eye Relief: 18mm
- Interpupillary Adjustment: 2.28" - 2.83"
- Focus Type: Center
- Length: 5.5"
- Weight: 22.9 oz
- Finish: Black