ABOUT THE FLI MICROLINE CCD CAMERA SERIES...
FLI MicroLine CCD cameras are small and lightweight, but they perform amazingly well in key areas such as noise, frame quality, download speeds, bit-depth, and CCD cooling.
FLI MicroLine CCD cameras feature fast download speeds. Each component of the FLI MicroLine camera is designed and manufactured for a long life in the most demanding conditions. All major components are CNC machined and you're looking at only the highest quality electrical components and circuit boards with logo, serial number and focal plane indicators laser-etched on the surface - not printed. FLI-designed photo etched stainless-steel shutters are field serviceable should they ever encounter damage, and the sensor is hermetically sealed against dust and moisture.
What sets FLI MicroLine CCD Cameras apart is their small form factor. At 3.7 x 3.7 x 5 inches (HWL), the FLI MicroLine is a small camera with big camera capabilities! The Microline improves upon the highly successful FLI MaxCam design in a number of key areas including cooling, download speeds, clear aperture, and sensor capability.
Now, let's talk about FLI MicroLine CCD Camera Cooling... The FLI MicroLine’s robust cooling design achieves a sustainable cooling performance of 50-55 deg C below ambient. The camera’s CCD can be operated at -30 deg C with typical room temperatures and without the need for water cooling (offered as an option) or special cooling sequences. Simply set the MicroLine cooling where you want it and the camera will do the rest ’ quickly and worry-free.
Conventional imaging cameras move the image data directly from the image sensor to the USB port, making them susceptible to added artifacts due to PC processing tasks, processor speed, and other PC-related issues. The MicroLine avoids these issues with its internal frame buffer, thus allowing an image to be quickly read out and downloaded to the PC. This allows the PC to take the image at whatever speed it is capable of without introducing any artifacts to the image.
When it comes to the FLI MicroLine, you get system compatibility and mounting options as well as mechanical shutter, liquid cooling, and Anti-Dew Technology options that will help you trick out your camera the way you want it. The MicroLine array of CCD cameras is compatible with all FLI imaging accessories, including the Precision line of Color Filter Wheels and Digital Focusers. MicroLine camera adapters are available for microscope, telescope and machine vision connectivity.
FLI MICROLINE CCD CAMERA SERIES FEATURES IN A NUTSHELL..
- Storage temperature range: -50C to +100C - Operation temperature range: -40C to +50C - Relative humidity operating range: 95%
- Heavy weight performance in a 2.8 lb package with Liquid and Air Cooled bases
- RBI Annihilator Standard and AR Coated Windows
- Video mode with interline sensors and Small Footprint (3.7 x 3.7 x 5in.)
- Power requirements: 12V - Reaches operating temperatures in 5 minutes!
- Ideal for X-ray Applications, Astronomical Imaging, Scientific Imaging, Medical Applications, and Forensic Applications.
ABOUT THE TRUESENSE KAI-16050 GRADE 2 SENSOR
The KAI-16050 Image Sensor is a 16-megapixel CCD in an APS-H optical format. Based on the TRUESENSE 5.5 micron Interline Transfer CCD Platform, the sensor features broad dynamic range, and excellent imaging performance. A vertical overflow drain structure suppresses image blooming and enables electronic shuttering for precise exposure control.
- Architecture: Interline CCD; Progressive Scan
- Class: 2
- Pixel Count: 4964 (H) x 3332 (V)
- Pixel Size: 5.5 m (H) x 5.5 m (V)
- Active Image Size: 26.93 mm (H) x 17.95 mm (V)
- Chip Diagonal: 32.36 mm APS-H Format
- Aspect Ratio: 3:2
- Number of Outputs: 1, 2 or 4
- Output Sensitivity: 34 V/electron
- Charge Capacity: 20,000 electrons
- Quantum Efficiency: Pan = 43%, RGB (-FXA, -QXA) = 28%, 35%, 38%
- Read Noise (f=40MHz): 12 electrons rms
- Dark Current Doubling Temp: Photodiode = 2 electrons/s, VCCD=140 electrons/s
- Dynamic Range: 64 dB
- Charge Transfer Efficiency: 0.999999
- Blooming Suppression: >300X
- Smear: Estimated -100 dB
- Image Lag:
- Max Frame Rates: Quad Output= 8 fps, Dual Output= 4 fps, Single Output=2 fps
- Maximum Pixel Clock Speed: 40 MHz
- Package: 72 pin PGA
- Cover Glass: AR Coated, both sides