Bob's Knobs Collimation Knobs for Meade 8
- Manufacturer: Bob's Knobs
- UPC: BKM8F10S
- MPN: M8-6
- SKU: BK M8 f10s
- The factory dust cover fits normally with Bob's Knobs installed on most versions. If your dust cover contacts the knobs, we provide a set of spacers that attach to the inside of the dust cover to move it slightly away from the secondary assembly. Contact us for a free set. You can also press the center of the cover from the inside to contour it for additional clearance.
- Your user manual from Meade may claim that the outer secondary screws are for collimation adjustment. This is incorrect. The inner screws (with knobs in our photo) are collimation screws. The outer screws are for disassembling the secondary.
- Pre-2005 Meade 8” telescopes have three screws on the secondary housing. The 3-screw secondary requires different knobs (Item A above). Do not use knobs for the 6-screw secondary on the 3-screw secondary. The screws on the 6-screw knobs are too long.
- An Allen wrench for removing the factory collimation screws is included with your order.