This ½" extension is a robust version of T-thread extension tubes. It uses 48 mm threads at both ends (female and male) instead of the smaller 42 mm T-threads. Its internal light baffles are painted flat-black to avoid reflections. Use more than one to increase spacing distance and/or telecompression in 1/2" (12.7 mm) increments. This type of extension is often referred to as a "barrel extension" when threaded on to eyepiece barrels.
This extension has a net spacing distance of 0.5" (12.7 mm).
- Clear aperture is 44.5mm (1.75") designed to screw onto our 2" Secure-Grip Nosepiece (AP16T) or any 2" nosepiece with 48mm threads that is designed for CCD cameras.
- Spacer for the 0.67 CCD Telecompressor (CCDT67) to achieve precise and/or additional telecompression
- Moves the CCDT67 further into the optical path, requiring less focuser in-travel
- Use with our 1.25" Adapter (ADA125) when using 2" filters and needing more space for long barrel eyepieces, so as to not strike the filter
- Extends the eyepiece barrel length of 1.25"/2" eyepieces for use with 2" filters
- Use with the Advanced Convertible Barlow (BARADV) in front of the MaxBright Diagonal (PMDMAX) for increased magnification
- Facilitates focus with short focuser-travel systems like Newtonians
- Use with parfocal rings (obtained elsewhere) to accommodate eyepiece parfocality