The new Baader Hyperion 8-24mm Clickstop Zoom continues the Hyperion tradition of delivering top-of-class performance and quality, at very reasonable prices. Zoom eyepieces have earned a lackluster reputation over the years, due to their compromises in optical design and execution. We think the Hyperion zoom will surprise many jaded zoom users with its combination of performance, quality, and novel features.
Some highlights of the Hyperion Clickstop Zoom
- Consisting of 7 elements, the Hyperion optical design delivers outstanding sharpness and color correction over its field, even with fast telescopes. Users are reporting that the Clickstop Zoom matches the performance of their best fixed focal length eyepieces!
- Continuously variable focal length, with click-stops at 8, 12, 16, 20, 24mm. Remains approximately parfocal across zoom range. Click-stops enable precise focal length matching for bino-viewer use (please note: barrel diameter of the zoom is 57mm, so it may not work in binoviewers for users with narrow interocular separations).
- The field of view is 68degrees at the 8mm setting, and 50 degrees at 24mm.
- The eye relief of 12-15mm, large eyelens, and freedom from kidney beaning and blackouts result in a high level of comfort and ease-of-viewing, at all focal lengths.
- As with the fixed focal length Hyperions Baader Planetarium has gone to great lengths to give the Hyperion Zoom the most advanced multicoatings ever used on amateur telescope eyepieces. The Hyperion Phantom Group™ multi-coatings truly rival the best in the world - including the famous Zeiss Abbe Orthoscopic! The difference in contrast and transmission is clearly visible at the eyepiece.
- Now Includes both 1.25" and 2" Barrels! The 2" barrel attaches through an included adapter ring that has standard 2"x24tpi SCT threads. The 2" barrel also incorporates a reverse taper groove for better seating and retention.
- Superb fit and finish. Zoom motion is smooth and precise. Barrels are accurately machined, with excellent surface quality, and hard anodizing. The 1.25" barrel is threaded for standard 1.25" filters, and the 2" barrel for standard 2" filters.
- Adjustable rubber eyecup works for both normal and eyeglass users. Rotating eyecup incorporates a variable-height helical adjustment for setting the optimal spacing.
- Designed to integrate perfectly with many popular spotting scopes from Celestron/Synta and Zeiss.
- Complete System of Accessories for Digital Imaging
- Optically Superb for Digital Imaging
- Direct Thread attach to Eyepiece (threads at eyelens)
- Hyperion Digital T-Rings, for direct attachment of virtually every digital camera, camcorder, CCD Camera.