Alpen Wings binocular series delivers an ergonomic lightweight design with super bright, sharp optical performance. The open hinge design provides comfortable viewing in two optical designs — ED “extra low dispersion” and non-ED versions.
ED optics provide the very best in color fidelity and contrast in all light conditions. With Alpen’s fully multi-coated, PXA phase correction coating, and silver metallic prism coating the Wings ED binocular series delivers outstanding performance that provides superior viewing to satisfy even the most serious binocular user.
The non-ED Wings models also feature fully multi-coated, PXA phase correction coating, and silver metalic prism coating for optical performance at a price point that is affordable while delivering a brilliant, crisp image.
Both series are fully waterproof, fogproof and backed by Alpen’s No-Fault, No-Problem Lifetime Warranty. Wings binoculars have long eye relief, great for eyeglass wearers, and twist up eye cups provide comfortable viewing with or without glasses.
“Compare the Wings ED 8X20 to other binoculars of the same size, and it really shines!” – amazon.com
Alpen® Wings™ Features:
• BAK4 glass for clear, bright and crisp images
• Fully multi-coated for maximum brightness
• PXA phase coated for superior resolution and color fidelity
• Silver metallic prism coating for superior brightness
• Waterproof sealed and nitrogen filled.
• Long eye relief and twist up eye cups for use with or without eye glasses
• Lightweight and ergonomic open hinge body design
• Rubber armoring for holding comfort and shock protection
• Soft rubber eyepiece rainguard (except compact models 597ED and 599ED
• Deluxe travel case and wide comfortable neck strap
• Alpen’s No-Fault, No-Problem Lifetime Warranty
|Objective Lens Diameter
|F.O.V. (ft @ 1000 yds)
|Close Focus (Feet)
||PXA™ Phase Coated, Metallic Coated
|Net Weight (oz.)
|Type of Neckstrap
||Premium Extra Wide
|Waterproof / Fogproof
|Type of Case
|IPD (mm) Min/Max